Academic Year: 2016/2017
Granter: New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
Award Amount: $800
Scholarship Application Deadline: All applications must be received before May 1, 2017.
All interested applicants should read the Giving Guidelines.
- Student must be enrolled in the ProStart Curriculum and will have completed Foundations 1 and 2 at the end of the 2016/2017 school year.
- Student must provide high school transcripts.
- Student GPA must be 2.5 or higher.
- Student must be a high school senior residing in the state of New Jersey.
- Application must be accompanied by proof of admission to a school of higher learning and the required essay.Student
Essay should be 500-750 words about one of the listed topics below:
- Why are you applying for the Garden State Silver Plate Scholarship?
- Who in your life has been your biggest culinary influence and why?
- What did you learn from participating in the NJ State ProStart Competition?
All students should send their scholarship application and essay to:
New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
126 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
Students will be notified by May 15, 2017 if selected for the Chairman’s Scholarship Award by email. They will be sent an official letter congratulating them in June. Awarded students will be invited to attend the NJREF Culinary Student Day Celebration on June 5, 2017.
Students may apply for more than one NJREF scholarship, however, each student can only be awarded one scholarship per academic year.