Academic Year: 2016/2017
Granter: New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
Award Amount: $700
Scholarship Application Deadline: All applications must be received before May 1, 2017
All interested applicants should read the Giving Guidelines.
- Student must be enrolled in a college, university, or adult vocational school.
- Student must provide high school or college transcripts.
- Student GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Student’s permanent address must be in the state of New Jersey.
- Application must be accompanied by proof of admission to a school of higher learning and the required essay.
- Student must provide a resume that includes work experience in the food service industry.
Essay should be 400-500 words about one of the listed topics below:
- Why are you applying for the Women in Food Service Scholarship?
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership abilities both in and out of school.
All students should send their scholarship application and essay to:
New Jersey Restaurant Educational Foundation
126 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
Students will be notified by May 15, 2017 if selected for the Chairman’s Scholarship Award by email. They will be sent an official letter congratulating them in June. Awarded students will be invited to attend the NJREF Culinary Student Day Celebration on June 5, 2017.
Students may apply for more than one NJREF scholarship, however, each student can only be awarded one scholarship per academic year.